Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've mentioned this before on this page. And I seem to get the same answer about the noise saying its normal. The whining only happens in 4th-5th gear between 30-40mph. I'm goin back to dealers in morning as I can't stand the noise. You can hear it over the radio. Arrgghh ˜¡ who else as that noise and does it bother you?! Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes they are noisy at that speed, My DS4 & my wife's C3 are exactly the same , its the way they are unfortunately

Edited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. I've been to dealers. They do know about it from many complaints. They've had meetings but even they can't pinpoint if its the gearbox or not. On certain road surfaces it's even louder. No new car (63 plate I own) should do this. This is my 1st Citroen because they are a beautiful car and I love it. But the whine puts me off driving it. And ruins the experience. Such a shame ˜¢

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a problem like that with my old astra at 30000 miles in 2nd and 5th.. that turned out the gear box was faulty and had it replaced. You shouldnt be hearing noise from your gearbox

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have had mine for 18 months and there is no noise whatsoever from the gearbox, it is "clunky" from 1st to 2nd first thing when it is cold but no noises, take it back and keep at them the only noise you should hear over the radio is the engine when you are pressing on

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm fuming. As soon as you put it in 4th gear the whine starts. All the roads near me are 30-40mph roads. And that's when it starts. I can't understand how Citroen have released them to sell. The car is going. No new car should sound like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2012 C4 did this, it used to drive me nuts. my DS4 Dstyle has a very slight tendency to do this also but no where near as annoying as the C4 was so it seems it is a Citroen trait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's good to know I'm not the only 1 who's been driven nuts by the noise haha. It's a massive fail on citroens part. I got the car with 2 miles on the clock and the noise was there. I could understand if it had 100k miles and did it but not from new. Was your C4 the 1.6hdi??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldn't take nomore with Citroen dealers or the car. Wouldn't do anything about the gearbox because there was not enough complaints to recall it even though they know about it ˜¡. And as for the fuel gauge not registering was the final straw. Car sold, never again. Hope your cars are ok people and thanks for your advice ‘�

1 - 9 of 9 Posts