Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed that i have a lot of white gunk in the oil filler cap!!! in days of old i have always know this to be a serious problem and a problem with the head gasket.

i took my ds to the dealer for investigation as i had lost the water from the expansion chamber too!

after two days off the road i was given the explanation that the DS4 200thp has a very large rocker cover and can develop water condensation inside ! WOW it must be vast!!

i told them i have noticed that it seems to be down a little on power and that i have a flat spot on setting off. none of which they could find

has ayone else had this and am i being fobbed off by the dealer or is this normal for the ds4 200thp model??

any help would be greatly appriciatted before the car goes bang

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have the same car and have never noticed this or any of the other problems you say, as you say this used to be a sign of the head gasket on the way out or gone, I would go back or to another dealer for a second opinion

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've just been to check mine(same car) and it's clean as a whistle!I've never heard of emulsified oil and water being normal and especially with a loss of water as well!
As Deresim says get a second opinion ASAP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i better see another dealer to see what they think thanks guys i did not think it was normal dunno who can give me an honest answer about this it been in this dealer more often than i have had it on the road well sometimes it feels like it.i have had a full ecu reprogram full emyway software upgrade to solve slow ice startup and ipod connection problems(still not sorted properly but cant be arsed any more) severe oil leak engine coolant fault you know the "common one" from the ds3!!!! my daler is an arse i think.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sexyblack sorry to hear of your woes.

Yes the emulsified oil is because of water contamination - nothing else!
The big question has to be where has the water come from?
The oil needs draining and replacing anyway as this would damage your engine on its own.
If it is an internal gasket leak then it should be fixed under warantee as this is not a 'wear and tear' incident.

As for your software issues - I had same and was fobbed off by dealer and was assured I had been given re-program on ECU and latest 'updates' but they did'nt cure it - after I threatened through national car magazine, a new software'cure' was found and touchwood it seems to work across a multitude of Emyway problems.
It does seem to be a bit of a secret though as some dealers do not know about it, and even Citroen denies it until they are pressed.

I would go to another dealer and get a written report as to fault - you can then claim against Citroen dealer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Any garage can test a head gasket it doesn't have to be a dealer .Its a simple test ,theyput a glass tube containinga liquid in the oil filler holeand start the engine ,if the liquid turns yellow its blown.
It does sound like its gone though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts