Cheers Rich
Sounds like the Chinese will be getting it first
and Europe sometime later
That's if Citroen survive that long

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that business savvy myself but would 2 slightly unstable companies joining forces make a stable one?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Its all politics -PSA hands tied by French Govt
The credit loans by French Govt allow them to heavily 'influence' PSA, so avoid shutting French factories and losing French jobs - which is what they need to do.
So Santander option buys the debt as well as part of bank and this allows PSA to control its own destiny again, without French Govt 'influence' anymore.
The whispered deal with GM was basically to do same, threaten French Govt with move of factories to UK and Germany, so making them more receptive for PSA to rationalise internally. Itssmoke and mirrors

Unfortunately even if either of these options happens they still have along way to go - rationalising in France (basically closing factories and laying people off) will go down like a lead balloon and with their strike record will still be a challenge. Its not over for them yet.

I think this has been slowly building since the 2007 crash, Citroen tried to 're-invent the DS range as a unique concept, and pushed its World Rally profile. Peugeot also came out with different models 3008, RCZ, a push into Le Mans 24 hour for 4 years and now a reborn 209GTI. They appear desperate to get a 'unique' product so they can cash in or be 'saleable'.

Renault were in a similar boat about 12-18 months ago and rationalised their range - slashing it. They then tried to be unique by going for a whole electric range, and their semi-merger with Nissan

I think theres more to play out here, smoke and mirrors, watch this space............

·
Registered
395 Posts
Chud this is what becomes of you as you inch closer to SAGA!I work in the murky world of politicking now as I work for Humberside Police and Crime Commissioner - boy political shenanigans abound across the country!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RichI know Mathew Groves
He did some building control work for me
He is a friend of my brother inlaw who lives in Withernwick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts