Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Ds4 since June having had 2 C4 prior to this one. Since taking ownership of the 16 plate Prestige I have had 3 incidents that when I go to the car both Windows are open. If this was a one off I would have said that it was operator error or just that I was going mad. I am 100% sure that I didn't open the Windows this afternoon yet when I went to the car both Windows were open.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 2016 Prestige and no I've never had the windows open when the car is locked. Are you talking about wide open or just slightly.
To be absolutely sure it's not you (or passenger) you will need to keep checking the windows as you lock the car and then if you are sure they are both fully shut but open when you return, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can open the windows by press and hold the open button on the fob. (but then the doors will be open) Do you use the fob to lock and unlock or the door handles. Could be a fault in the fob I suppose.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Was just reading through some old posts and found this from Diggerboy ""what you have to do is with engine running put the window down and hold the button for 10 secs the up and hold 10 secs this will reset the windows. do one at a time this will solve it""�

Would be good to try if you're still having the problem.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey eirianj
Did you get this sorted ??
Certainly a strange sounding problem.

Edited by: Nicdog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that at long last I've got to the bottom of this issue. Over Christmas my wife, who doesn't drive bus has my spare key, placed her bag behind the sofa when we came home, something else was placed on top of her bad later and I happened to notice the car flash. When I went out windows were wide open then I heard the car lock, because no doors had been opened.

I thought I was going mad? Thank you for all your suggestions I am so relieved just to get the issue sorted.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ha, eirianj, glad you’ve worked it out. The cause was certainly not in an area I’d have thought to look. 😝

·
Registered
1 Posts
All Windows opening to half way on their own!

I have also had this problem on 3 occasions. Once during an absolute deluge! I don’t see them opening, but must be as I approach, because car wasn’t soaked. Has anyone else had this and found a solution?

·
Registered
209 Posts
So, can the remote fob open the windows?

Yes it can David. Try putting the windows down, doors shut and then press and hold the locking button, the car will lock then close any windows as long as the button is held down, when locked press and hold the unlock button and the doors will unlock and then the windows will drop until the button is released. (I had hoped this shut feature worked on my wifes DS3 cabrio and it does on the windows but will not close the roof).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had this issue 3 times in the 3 weeks I've owned my DS4 1.2 Prestige! I think it must be down to keeping the key fob in my pocket, as it hasn't happened when I keep it away from me! To be clear, I found the vehicle with both windows fully down twice, and halfway down once. The car was fully locked on all occasions...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, you have to press and hold the fob unlock button though.
Nice to know as i have just bought my very first DS4 on a 17 plate and it has done this thought i was going nuts or that the garage was taking the mic saying it was the fob.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts