Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I had a stone chip on my windscreen the other day & so called in AutoGlass who repaired it with the resin. All well and good. However, the chap informed me that these panoramic windscreens are prone to chipping and need to be repaired quickly as the glass is stressed more than the average windscreen. had I have left it a few more days the chip would have grown into a full blown crack and would then have had to be replaced. Here's the real scary bit, new windscreens cost £1200!!.

So, firstly ensure your insurance has windscreen cover and secondly, if you get a chip, get it repaired quickly!

Cheers,
Geoff. DS4 Dstyle 1.6 Deisel.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like Geoff I had a stone chip repaired recently and was fortunate that given its position I didn't need to get the windscreen replaced as I had initially thought was necessary.

Interestingly, my friendly Auto Windscreens said that as the car was under a year old I could (and should) have asked for a Citroen replacement windscreen rather than the cheaper one they use which, he went on to say, was nowhere near the quality of Citroen's.

I called the insurance company afterwards to check this and they admitted that a Citroen screen would have been an option if I'd asked for it when notifying them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a chip on mine - Autoglass couldn't repair it due to the location in the drivers eye line so replaced the whole thing. Only had to pay the £100 excess though. They also said its a nightmare of a windscreen to work with.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Auto Windscreens guy said it was a two man job to replace and, as he was on his own, he would have had to wait for someone to come and help him with it. Another reason I was glad that he repaired the chip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts