Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have issues with the windscreen wipers.
Clearly they are set up for LHD cars as the near side is the lead wiper. This means thata thick and annoying line is left in front of thedrivers vision everytime they wipe.

Took back to Citroen ( we had another fault which arose 3 miles after collecting the new car !) and they have said all DSs are like this and there is nothing they can do.

If this was a crack or chip in the windscreen in the drivers vision it would fail an MOT !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep, raised exactly this in Hong Kong, when I test drove the car.
Though the explanation I got was because the car IS configured/designed for LHD, with driver's seat swapped to the RHD. Similar to lever to open the bonnet (still on LHD).

Basically, they won't/can't swap it around. Which is fair enough, I guess. It's not too much of an annoyance, and I would rather put of with it than go for one Japanese MPV which seems to be the trend around here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wipers.. bonnet lever.. FUSEBOX! I wish I had room to put something else in the glovebox.. rather than that little bit of an area on the right hand side...

·
Registered
164 Posts
The wipers are kind of annoying ,particularly with all the rain here. Just another quirk, one of many many. Still enjoy driving the car.Have got loads of comments about how good it looks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there.New member and ds4 owner.After owning this car for a month now and going through it's first rainstorm,It quickly became obvious that the wipers are set up for LHD.Are we not worth the bother or important enough to warrant having the wipers set up correctly.I previously had a c5 and the wipers went from the outside to middle so both sides were wiped equal.Surely if all cars were set up this way,There would not be any need to convert to Lh or Rh drive. Surely this is a big safety issue.Has anybody of any importance at Citroen actually driven a RHD in the wet to see how much of an issue it is.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Hello
First of all ......Welcome to DS4OC
Mine work equally at both sidesIs the car new?

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's common for cars to have a LHD set up, most 'clap hands' wipers are and plenty of normal ones are; mk2 Clio, Pug 206, E39 BMW 5 series and E38 BMW 7 series are some examples that spring to mind.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd advise using Gtechniq G5 on the glass, it makes water droplets like beading on the glass, which 'run up' the windscreen above about 40mph and lasts several months. I haven't done it on the DS4 yet but have it on my other cars. Never need wipers on Motorway or quick A roads with that on, so will get 'around' this LHD problem somewhat. Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I use Gtechniq G5 tooIts a great Glass Sealer, which unlike others, doesn't smear when the wipers work
I can also recommend Power Maxed Glass Sealant

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks Chris, not tried that one.

Anyone using G5 make sure you get it done by an expert like Chris if possible or take great care with the cleaning process before applying otherwise it won't last as long. I am an amature hobby detailer but I leave it to my local professional detailer to do mine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used to use Rainex, which was brilliant; the heavier the rain the better. When overtaking lorries throwing out loads of spray, the screen just stayed clear. However, there is a downside. On cold dewy mornings the dew formed millions of small droplets and would not clear when pulling away from home in the 30 mph zone, even with the wipers going. The screen just went white - so I stopped using it.
Re the LHD wipers, I've been thinking of buying a shorter wiper arm for the passenger side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts