Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem with my left wing mirror that seems to have my dealer stumped.Was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same problem.

I have a new DStyle which I took delivery of on 8th March.
When adjusting the left wing mirror I am unable to adjust the mirror enough to see down the side of the vehicle. It is even worse for my wife who sits that bit nearer to the steering wheel.

The dealer has already replaced the motor but it still not right. Upon further inspection the mirror is moving enough when you look at the position of the mirror in relation to the plastic housing and compared to other DS4's.

When I sit in other DS4's I can adjust the mirror correctly.

Dealer is wondering if the factory has fitted a left hand wing mirror for a left hand drive car.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
To come to think of it I think mine is the same? I have only had the car about a month it's a 11 plate dsport and when I got in it the first time I adjusted the mirror it didn't come in far enough, I just thought it was as far as it went and just lived with it! Let me know how you get on as I will change it if it's the case

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went back to the dealers today and the long and short of it is that this is how the mirror is meant to be. Dealer and I did a number of comparisons with other DStyles and DSports with the seats fully forward raised and lowered and fully back raised and lowered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mines the same ... bordering on dangerous that cant see in my nearside mirror properly .. Let another design fault on changing from left hand drive to right.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Guys, they don't adapt them they are as they are on left hand drive cars, as is the windscreen wipers, the shortest on the drivers side not passengers, another citroen quirk ha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep! wing mirror and wipers are a bit of a nuisance. What's really annoyed me is the stone chip in the windscreen after only a week! Does anyone know if the windscreen is stressed and so will the chip get worse or shall I call in Autoglass.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Mrs FB has noticed the wing mirrors being an issue but it hasn't bothered me - the foot-wide blind spot on the right hand a-pillar I have though!

One question - should our DStyle have side mirrors that dips when you select reverse? I've tried following the manual (start engine, select both dipped positions then return the selector to the centre) but the mirrors just stay dipped - am I missing something?

I also never realised how useful cornering lights would be!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dealer where I bought my DStyle fromtold me that the auto dipping wing mirrors are part of the Security Signature pack which is standard on DSport and optional on DStyle.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ah, thanks for this as it makes sense! I thought they'd be on the DStyle but at least I'm not going mad, and at least lots more of the goodies described on the manual are on this DS4 compared to our old C4 Picasso VTR+!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has any one had this problem with the left wing mirror and managed to get it rectified by Citreon. No one wants to know the problem with my C4, they move the mirror with the knobs and says it is functioning normally, but it does not turn inwards far enough....please help!!!!! frustrated C4 owner

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I didnt know the C4 and the DS4 had the same Mirror
Ours adjusts fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts