Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum, had a DS4 DStyle 1.6HDi since March, done 11,500 miles, now winter is close I would like to buy a set of steel wheels and winter tyres, so thought this would be the best place to get the right information. I have seen the following on the net but do not know whether they will do the job, they are listed as for the 1.6HDi.

<h3>Kronprinz steel rim PS 516016</h3>

<table><t><tr><td ="Zdjecie"><div ="">

</td><td ="Rozmiar">Size: 7,00Jx16</td><td ="Rozstaw">Spacing: 4x108</td><td ="Otwor">Central hole: 65.1</td><td ="Et">ET (offset): 32.00</td></tr></t></table>

If they are, what tyres would you fit.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

I have seen varying ET offset between 25 and 32, which is correct and does it have to be exact, I have also seen 6.5J and 7.0J, again is this critical, sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Andini

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The website you linked has the offset as 25.00, whereas the wheels identified as being for a DS4 1.6HDi have an offset of 32.0, even more confused.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi andini, what i would sugguest which is what i do when im fitting winter wheels at work is to just try the wheel on the car and see if it will fit? without and catching on the disc or brakes? the tyre size depends on what you have fitted on the car. if you let me know what tyre size you have i can then tell you the size that you require. kieran

·
Registered
395 Posts
I checked with Citroen and 17" wheels are smallest unless you get special offset steel wheels at 16". I bought some 17" wheels and tyres and there is minimal gap between brakes and wheel, any less would push it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Rich, thanks for checking, is that specifically for the Sport version, does it have larger brakes/discs than the Dstyle version? I plumped for the Kronprinz versions shown earlier in the thread but have to wait until the weekend, they are sold as for the 1.6HDi 110. Fisrt service at Citroen on Friday so I will ask.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kazman, that's my intention at the weekend, fingers crossed as I have 4virgin Michelin Alpin 4's to get fitted to the new steels.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is a picture of the rim 17" but obviously with Citroen 4 hole fitments.
To be fair on pearl white car don't look too bad.
Although very mucky now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Rich, nice wheels, you're right, they will look great on White as well as the Black model, put my steelies to shame, at a price. Had the first service today, got through and got the ok for the wheels so had the tyres fitted, just need to decide when to swap over.

·
Registered
227 Posts
When? if you live in Telford, then the answer is ASAP!! Winter Tyres are for use when the average temp is below 8C, and not just for when it snows!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Hoovie, I agree, they are winter tyres not solely snow tyres, it is getting close, yesterday though it was 11C and today 9C. Car not being used much forthe nextweek but I will be switching over on Tuesday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking to get some winter tyres for my 160HDi DSport. Am I right in thinking that the Dstyle wheel rims will fit on the DSport, allowing me to change away from low profile tyres and yet retain most of the Dsport style? If not, has anyone found a good source of wheel rims to fit on the DSport?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts