DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm just trying to find out if I can fit winter tyres size 225/55/R18 to my ds4 I have 225/45/R18 summer tyres fitted at the moment. I don't know if the tyre would be to big.

Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think it would be too big. It would affect the speedometer readings. To reduce the affect, try 205 instead of 225

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with ajdar they are too big,I think you need to reduce the height back to 45 Im not sure if reducing the width will reduce it but I'm not a expert so I may be wrong.It willraise the gearing so the speedo will read low.It could effect your insurance if you have a accident.I would'nt bother with winter tyres on a front wheel drive anyway I have'nt got stuck for years and the authorities in this country are not famous for keeping roads,airports or railways moving withany bad weather!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately winter tyres have to be fitted by law here in Germany during the winter. And the difference they make are unbelievable. And your insurance will be invalid if you have a smash in the winter without them. They do fit....but only just!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
gnftrs said:
Unfortunately winter tyres have to be fitted by law here in Germany during the winter. And the difference they make are unbelievable. And your insurance will be invalid if you have a smash in the winter without them. They do fit....but only just!!!!!

I personally think they should be made law everywhere; like you said the difference is unbelievable! Here in the Netherland's winter tyres are very popular, although not mandatory as far as I know.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I didn't know they were law in Germany,like I said I've never used them,I think you have worse winters than us.I have heard people with rear wheel drive [BMW MERCS ect] say they make a difference.Do you have places to store them or has everyone got a set of tyres in their garage? Does your speedometer still read true with the higher tyre profile?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Certainly for RWD cars they allow you to move ;) My old BMW was useless in the snow without them! Some garages here will swap them and store your summer tyres until they need swapping again - others don't and people just store them themselves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last year I had a BMW 320d sport plus. I was running Bridgestone blizzak snow tyres on it for5 months. Only had it 12 months from new traded it in along with the wife's fiat 500 and got a ds4 d style and a s-max titanium so I'm ending up spending a fortune again on winter tyres!!! You would expect them to be cheaper over here wouldn't you?!?! I was quoted ‚¬700 before fitting at the Citroen garage. I managed to find these tyres on eBay for alot cheaper so they are getting fitted!!! I just need to find somewhere dodgy enough to fit them for me!!! Lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts