Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a way to improve the wiper arc's of the DS4 ?

Our 2015 DSport is clearly designed for the left hand drive market as the wiper arc on the driver's side is a good 2 inches at least) lower than on the passenger side.

DSport 160

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi,
I'd not noticed this but your right.
Altering it so as to not have the arms entangle could be rather tricky !
- Nic

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm afraid they can't be changed - the motors are programmed so the near side wiper is always on-top and activated quicker (up) and slower (down) than the offside wiper. It's a pain.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
It must be me, because Ive never noticed a problem at all...LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris,I notice it more as my driving position is in general quite high (where I have the option), but it is like the spot on the wallpaper that no one else but you notices, once you know about it you will always see it

DSport 160

·
Registered
492 Posts
True that.
I'd not noticed it until you mentioned it.
Now I'll have to remember, to forget it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Interesting - on my C4's and now the DS4 I remove the standard n/s wiper and replace it with a smaller blade of the same size as the offside, it takes the sweep of the n/s blade out of my direct view and does not alter my, the drivers view of the road ahead.Maybe not everyones solution but it works for me

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
Cant say I'd noticed it as a problem, though both wipers are poor being that flat type.
I've looked at mine when on, there's no delay as such, both operate at the same time. The only way to fix it would be mirrored arms as the shape and offsets determine what one is on top and has the longer blade..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe I have posted a bit obtusely so apologies if I have misled.

DC - may I ask why you would put shorter blades on your windscreen to clear less of the screen ? Not sure I understand that one.

Vex - delay ? um, not something I have spoken of, you have 'flat' blades, and the alternatives are ??
If you have poor clearance, then perhaps the previous owner has swapped to cheaper replacements.

The point I was enquiring about was the amount of screen cleared, the UK spec car has a longer nearside arm with a greater arc than that of the off side, If practice this means that the ultimate height of the cleared screen is less on the off side of UK spec 4's. and this is apparent if, like me, you sit physically high in the driver seat. I have not tried to modify my car to resolve this as potentially the mechanics of the wipers may be compromised

D Sport 160

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Dsport60 the wipers are made for a left hand drive car and this means the left hand blade is considerably bigger than the right hand one. When it sweeps up it leaves a trail which is right in the middle of my view as the driver which I find a little annoying. I keep the right hand blade the same and put a blade the same size as it on the left. This has no detrimental effect on my view ahead but does take the left hand blade out of my view. It must also reduce the load on the wiper motor but that will be minimal.So I put a smaller blade on the left hand side which does not reduce my field of view but does take the left hand blade trail out of my view.
Hope that helps your understanding :)

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Glass Sealants work well when applied properly and bond to the glass
No. Not Halfords or Rain X... They are poor
'Gyeon' do a Ceramic Sealant which should help with this problem
Gtechniq is another
Super easy to apply but must be left to dry/cure properly for 12 hours without it getting wet

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/gyeon-q2-view.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts