Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just joined the site as I have a DS4 on order for March delivery, the specification is as follows.......

HDi 115 6 speed manual
DStyle
Polar White

I have not added any options as I didn't feel it needed any, having completed a 24 hour test drive I felt is was great to drive and had all the toys I need. Kind of wished I had added the spare wheel option now though as I am not sure about this tyre gunk stuff, also Citroen will not rescue you if stranded due to a tyre so might add it myself and get the tools.

Not looking to do any modifications as such, few bulb changes maybe but that's it.

Mats - Unsure which ones to go for, standard Citroen carpet mats (£30) or to go for the DS velour mats (£87) bit of a price difference though so will decide shortly, any opinion appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Tony

Edited by: swisstony

·
Registered
268 Posts
I went with the standard Citroen ones, I can have another set if they get scruffy and still have change from the DS ones

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have the DS ones, try and get the dealer to throw the, for free, mine did no problem

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worth a try although the amount of discount/contribution I have had on this car I doubt they are making any money on this to be honest, will ask anyway.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you take my advice you will ask for a full size spare wheel and tyre. I have just had a puncture which I am assured could not have been repaired by the gunk and the space saver spare is a pain in the proverbial. I have never seen so many warninng lights when it was put on!! No ESP,no ABS.Eletronic parking brake not working etc. Incidentally wheels and tyres arre significantly more expensive as you go up in size so a significant puncture can cost!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like your thinking, I guess a full size spare will not fit below the boot floor?

Could do with an on-line parts catalogue to search for part numbers, does anyone know of one?

I checked the compressor kit supplied as standard whilst in the dealers on Sunday and there seems to be space for the jack and wheel brace in the polystyrene blockso might price this up.

Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update.......

Car should be ready for Friday or beginning of next, will have more information later this week.

Decided to get the DS mats, no joy as a freebie from the dealer due to the deal I have somustn'tgrumble as they say.

Might upgrade the headlamp and number plate bulbs as posted on the forum but will not be changing much to be honest

Will try and find some part numbers for adding a spare wheel (if anyone has the spare option then please post any numbers off the parts if you can assist) and costs for the following instead of using the gunk,

Space saver wheel
Wheel brace
Jack
Wheel clamp

Not sure if I need anything else?

Cheers

T

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome to the club....mine comes with velour ones and the mats are very good.The only mods i reckon is to go to Superchips for a remap....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mine came with velour mats which feel good but are no good for Polish winters, they absorb all the water form snow and get dirty from mud so I bought rubber ones for winter-time while the velour ones are waiting safe and sound in my garage to see better days
soon.
I can also recommend the anti-slip rubber mat for the boot (available at Citroen). This comes as rubber pack with the mats.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pick up is 11am on Friday 8thso will post pics when I get chance, although I'm sure you have seen one before

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Tony,Just took delivery of my DS4 today with full size spare wheel fully enclosed in designated space.Best Regards,CJ
Edited by: crawfordjohn

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
crawfordjohn said:
Hi Tony,Just took delivery of my DS4 today with full size spare wheel fully enclosed in designated space.Best Regards,CJ

Hi John, so a full size spare will fit, what size are your wheels?

Currently got the dealer chasing up prices and part numbers for me

Looked through the Citroen assist paperwork it seems Citroen will not cover you for tyre or fuel issues, lost keys and RTA's unless you ring up and pay extra which I believe is £20 for the year for non manufacturing or mechanical faults.

Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
crawfordjohn said:

Is that an 18 or 19 inch wheel?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Tony,My DS4 is the DSIGN entry model diesel which I believe has 17 inch wheels.My heart ruled my head when I saw the car,it looks sublime in metallic red. I have traded in my beloved Honda Civic 2.2 diesel sport with a heavy heart.The DS4 will never be a Honda and I would not have envisaged I would ever buy a Citroen but there you go.Time will tell if it was the right choice.I see we have another forum in common,hope you had a good season.Best regards,CJ

·
Registered
268 Posts
crawfordjohn said:
Hi Tony,My DS4 is the DSIGN entry model diesel which I believe has 17 inch wheels.My heart ruled my head when I saw the car,it looks sublime in metallic red. I have traded in my beloved Honda Civic 2.2 diesel sport with a heavy heart.The DS4 will never be a Honda and I would not have envisaged I would ever buy a Citroen but there you go.Time will tell if it was the right choice.I see we have another forum in common,hope you had a good season.Best regards,CJ

CJ, I sold my Impreza to get the Ds4 and I was some what sceptical, however the Ds is a great car with what I would term "real world" performance costs me half of what the Scooby cost me a month and is way betterequipped, I hope you love your Ds its a great car.

Gaz

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
crawfordjohn said:

Thanks for the feedback John, will know more when the dealer gets back to me, it could be only the 17" wheel fits?. Got me thinking now..... another forum in common?? babybmw by any chance??

I have never been drawn to Citroen before even thoughI have no loyalty to any particular brand, I did have 2 BMW 1 series which were great but I like to change and willing to try anything really, had a DS4 for a 24 hour test drive in October and just waited for the right time, had interest in the MiTo as a private sale and the deal on the DS4 was too good to be true so here I am

54 miles and loving it!

Cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
CJ- driven Honda Civic before but both cars are really different in quality and driving manners. The Ds4 feels more BMW' ish

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi John, must be another swisstony, must be a few about

Done 80 miles now, did a 47 mile round trip today, 12 urban, 35 motorway, stopped at the shops and girlfriends briefly and it reads 60mpg??
to say I am impressed is an understatement!!

I do drive for economy, drove at 65mphon the motorway and have a very light foot, supermarket car park was busy though! lol

Cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts