1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi AllDS4 late 65 diesel.
Recall NYB
ancillary drive belt tensioner roller 'may not conform to specification'

Recall letter says 'this could cause a noise to be heard under certain conditions'

If that is the extent of the trouble seems unusual!

Told garage would need seven days notice to order parts and recall will take a whole day.

Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes I've had this, seems to affect the 2.0HDi blue only - mine is going in on the 20th on a 'while you wait' appointment as it only takes an hour (your dealer is fibbing...). I think it's a 'chirrup' noise that can be heard at idle

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Nothing from my Dealer

·
Registered
544 Posts
Took the DS4 in for the recall today and have had to leave the car with them - once they'd stripped it down the tech noticed the belt was showing signs of wear and they didn't want to leave the car with me but don't have a belt in-stock, so it needs to be ordered.

They mentioned that they've done a few C4 Picasso's which seem to be newer and they have also in recent months had two low-loaded to them with a belt failure.

Anyone taking the Citroën line that this is purely a convenience recall to do with noise and waiting until they next take the car in for a service my strong advice is get it done ASAP and push the dealer to get a belt stocked too

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just put my DS4 in for service and been told this is wrong with my car.. 63 plate. They have said it will cost £450 but they will see if Citroen will support with the payment. Looks like I need to say that the 15 plates are being recalled and maybe this is an older issue than they think!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I just had a service done and mentioned the noise at idle to the garage as I thought it was the belt tensioner myself. turns out it is that and the fan belt also needs to be replaced. showing signs of wear and tear. I'm wondering how far back this is going year wise or will they just be trying to get away with newer models??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts