Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this same thread on another forum and it was interesting to see and hear everyone's car stories.

So, what has been your favourite or most memorable car that you have owned?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not including my last DS4, I've had two cars that I wish, with hindsight, I still had today.

My first was a 1600E Ford Cortina which was a class apart from any of my friends' cars back in 1978. It was reliable and surprisingly rapid!

The second was a Sunbeam Lotus, black with silver stripes, which I bought after having had race driver training in one at Brands Hatch. That training was put to good use as I threw the car around the country lanes and thrashed it on A roads and motorways in Essex and beyond. At a time when XR3's and GTi's were the hottest of hatches, this would beat them away from the lights every time and just keep on going... happy days!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Smart Fortwo '450' passion, a 2006 '56 plate with heated leather, cruise and pods in addition to the standard spec.

It was a fantastic car that had replaced a much loved (but ultimately slow) 44bhp smart city-coupe pure, despite saying it would be ideal for her and a baby if we had one, my wife insisted we sell the car when our son arrived so he could be in the back (she wouldn't is to me that he would be...in my A2) we sold the car. 6 months later she turned to me and said 'why did we sell the smart?' - I bit my tongue... Still miss it to this day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
well this is quite easy for me there is two cars and one bike I regret selling
1st PUG 406 COUPE in yellow one fine looking car and so easy to drive and the looks just didn't age for me

2ed is a Seat Leon 2.0 tdi sport in yellow and chipped to max mrs didn't understand the 3k for front tyres and been able to beat FR s so easy (only told her after selling it )

and the bike was a GSXR 750 WW full tts build with full micron race pipes

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hmmm does a left hand drive 71 VW pop top Combi count ??
I recall replacing the CV joints on the side of the road in Queens Park before heading of around Europe.
A couple of young Kiwi's on an adventure of a lifetime.. ahh

·
Registered
77 Posts
My 1988 Peugeot 309 5 door - technically a 1.6 SRi but badged and tweaked to appearto be a 309 Mi-16 4x4 5 door, the car that Peugeot should have built.

Funny thing is that back in 88 it felt spacious but when you see a 309 now it seems soooo small.

We never replace a car with same (but newer) type, and have enjoyed them all

·
Registered
544 Posts
Peugeot did do a 309GTi 16v with the 'Mi16' engine but LHD only, sadly. They were incredibly spacious which is even more impressive when you realise that between the wheelbase they are a Peugeot 205, it's only the boot and bonnet that are longer!

My school friends brother had a 1.6XSi (115bhp engine from the 205 1.6GTi) but sadly I watched him write it off going for an optimistic overtake, bottling it then losing control as it skewed into an embankment.

Always fancied a 5dr Goodwood myself.Edited by: Frank Bullitt

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I really cant remember ever regretting selling a car
Once its decided......we move on
Having said that..My beloved Skoda Octavia vRS left a lump in my throat when I changed it for the MX-5...no real regret though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.